View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 06:31 PM   #28
Doc Brown
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
The Midi messages used for "Learn" are taken from the Reaper Control Path, while the Midi messages sent to VSTs are taken from the Track's FX Chain. So there can't be a conflict, unless you explicitly route the Midi stream to both (to the Track by assigning the channel Midi in to the Midi device, and to the Control Path by checking the "control" box in the Midi device's configuration). If you don't do the Midi routing decently, there will be "leaks" .

In fact, if you want to use a single controller to both be seen in tracks, as in the Reaper Control Path, in a complex environment you maybe need to filter or modify the Midi messages (e.g. by JSFXes), route the Midi streams between tracks (by standard Reaper means) and route the filtered and modified Midi messages to the Reaper Control Path to be "learned" by "MidiToReaControlPath. IMHO this is rather straight forward.

-Michael
Thanks for the explanation Michael. I'm not a power user per say but if I mixed and mastered for a living I would definitely try and get it sorted.
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote