View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #131
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceetheproducer View Post
yea this is just wat i expect from ni, theyve made multi millions from providing over hyped average sounding virtual instruments.

ive been telling people for a long time now ni is just a hyped up brand name, ive always haited how there samplers (kontack / battery) came with huge gigabite libarys covering every genre, HOW CHEEZY! and wat a waste of memory! i brought battery 3 and i deleated the sounds it came with and chose to use my own samples (id of been better off with sampletank at least the sound libary that it comes with it decent).

native instruments are nothing more then cheeze merchants and FINALY people are seeing this!

ni products are average software products (never above average) ussaly with a huge array of cheezy sounds aimed at your average wanna be rnb or hip hop producer (not haitin on those genres im a hip hop producer myself) who has very little musical knollige and usally uses fl studio (maybe cubase at a push) and wants everything in 1 vsti. To this kind of person hearing that ALICIA KEYS PIANO HAS BEEN SAMPLED for a vst would instantly make them want to buy it because they already have the dr dre sample pack and lil john battery3 kit and they belive having the same sounds as the artists there small minds consider to be icons will improve there lame production skills.

im just glad to be honest that ni are makking it more clear that there products are aimed at young american teens who watch mtv and have a cracked version of fl studio!

so now serious producers a lot of who use ni products kuz they had a bit of buzz in the vsti world (from reviews from music magazine who give good reviews to who ever slips them a few thousand on the sly) not realisin ni = trash, will be able to see (and maybe hear) more clearly now that ni is not for them,

ni make products for the drones of part time wanna be producer noobs out there (99% of music software customers.

sorry if i offened anyone but its the cold hard truth.
I see your point, but the fact alicia keys' name is on the box doesn't make the VST any worse than it makes it better. and turning it down just because her name is on the box, is the exact same lame mistake as liking it because she is on the box. the point is though, it is a VST of a Yamaha C3 with interesting specs on it including 12 velocity layers.

it might be good and it might not.

If i was rich, and famous for music, and had my own piano thati loved, but i wanted a VST of it, i might make some deal with some manufacturer to put my piano in a box with my name on it and sell it to other people. because that way, i'd have my piano i love as a VST.

sure, some people put their name on anything because they get paid for it, and it's just a marketing trick. and yes, this might be one of those. but just because someone's name is on something it doesn't mean it sucks. sure buying tiger woods nike golf clubs won't make you a better golfer. but still, if you're a good golfer, those clubs might actually be really good, and fit your style really well.

you can tweak alot of the samples in battery 3, within battery 3 itself. i remember when i was younger i used to care alot about finding the right sample that i wanted. and then i discovered that was a waste of time building a huge library, and searching through it. it's much easier to build your sounds yourself, and now i know there's better equipment for it. you can layer snare's EQ them compress them, all sorts of stuff within battery.

i don't find it is cheezy, like you said the samples don't make the artist. you can do alot with the battery 3 kits i find, more than i can even imagine too i'm sure. plus the multi mic kit is cool too. very versatile and shapeable. i just wish they had more of those.

i do find NI really sucked it up with their akoustik pianos, not in the sound or sampling, but in the reliability/compatibility department. but FM8, and guitar rig and all that i find are quite awesome.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote