View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #2031
flmason
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripgtr View Post
I think what I see here is losing focus on the most important ingrediant. I only listened to the first track, and I dug it. It is a guy, who can play, in a room, playing. Playing really good. My wife got a ZZ Top CD to expose our 6 year old. I am not a huge fan, but I enjoy it. However, this vid is just real fine playing. This is obviously guy who can play, going through a really nice tube amp in a big room. Is it the best HiFi sound? No, it sounds like an old blues record (well, the room is too big to really sound like Chess records, but ...) :-).

We lose focus so much (yea, me too, I am sometimes guilty) on what we are supposed to be doing. Recording music.

Oh, and I live in Austin, and I have never heard any playing like that in OUR guitar ctr. Some great players in town but I haven't run into any of them hanging out playing at Gtr Ctr.
See this is what everyone is missing.

Sure, Billy's playing some nice blues licks on #1. But it sounds like Guitar Center tone.

On #2 it was cleaned up as part of, I guess, a lesson video?

And of course the commercial release of "Tube Snake Boogies" has even better tone.

Going from #1 to Commercial Release Sound is the point.

#1 is Assness tone with good playing. Eliminator is the removal of the assness in the tone. Same player, same riffs. #1 is assness, Commercial release is not.

Difference?

Studio techniques maybe?

So what are those?

LOL!

Geezus!
flmason is offline   Reply With Quote