View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 06:10 AM   #225
lowellben
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
if it doesn't, the "Automation items" FR is not fulfilled and all that's happened is that we've gotten greatly improved automation editing features - but not automation items. i will be extremely disappointed and frustrated that such a big part of this discussion went unaddressed.

please see ALL of my posts on in this thread for reference, esp those in page 5
Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to bother anyone. I just was hoping for a way to have an option to change a setting for a certain parameter's envelope lane (independant of other lanes, of course). I thought I was missing an option somewhere where I could "hide connecting envelope lines" between automation items in a lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
What you probably want is "Automation items connect to the underlying envelope on the right side (chase/latch)", as that is essentially the same behaviour you want to happen. The only difference is visual - you see the underlying envelope.
@schwa - perhaps this is the solution - it's just visual! If the above option for connecting AIs to underlying envelope is selected, add a checkbox to "hide underlying envelope"?
Can this be possible on both sides of the automation item maybe? Might be good to have an option on a per envelope lane to decide if you want to see connecting envelope lines in general in the track (especially if indeed it only contains automation items).

Thanks for clearing it up for me, though I am still confused about moving forward with this concept.

ED,
Do you think that there is a way currently to hide underlying envelope for automation items in their lane? Automation items connect to the underlying envelope on the right side (chase/latch) and left side?

Thank you.