View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 03:58 PM   #1
mccrabney
Human being with feelings

Default VST3 params don't respond to next AI env points (FIXED)

edit - skip to post 2 for a better demonstration of the issue regarding vst3

i just noticed that this bit me on a project that i just completed and distributed. this resulted in a part being lowpassed out of a whole song until the very end, where the AI exists. luckily it wasn't a critical part and apparently i didn't miss it much while reviewing the masters, but this could be quite serious

issue: here, a track has an AI at the end of the project. this AI starts at 100% param value and ends at 0% param value.

expected behavior: clicking anywhere before this AI should result in the param moving to 100% value.

bug: as shown in the gif, this doesn't always happen. above, i click into the AI and then click before the AI, expecting the value of the cutoff to jump to 100%. it does once, doesn't once, and flickers strangely once.

i've noticed this in several Waves plugins as well as this HY-Filter3 vst3 plugin. normally, this works fine. maybe it's a vst3 issue? i can't get it to happen on ReaQ

Last edited by mccrabney; 02-04-2020 at 05:01 AM.
mccrabney is online now   Reply With Quote