View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
misterC
Human being with feelings

If they don't know they are clipping, then it's their fault. I'm not going to walk softly around this, it's just a fact. Noob bashing is required to whip people in to shape. Being ignorant to it is not an excuse.

Getting ninjam out to the masses is great, but unless there is some user education in the area of gain structure and setting levels, it's always gonna be a problem.

And yes, I've noticed the newer version of ninjam (reaninjam) does set all incoming levels at 50% when someone joins, so that they don't inadvertanly blast you.

I'm not saying it's not a problem, I'm just saying, having a loopback server for people to test with doesn't mean jack if the person doesn't know how to do it in the first place. And even if they did know how, you can see your levels in ninjam on the meter before you even connect, so whats the point of having to connect to a loopback? If your sending into Ninjam, you hear what you play real-time regardless of connection status, which is exactly what gets sent out, and is exactly what you would hear if you connected to a loop-back server. Once again, whats the point?
misterC is offline   Reply With Quote