View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 10:07 PM   #65
woodslanding
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
In fact I did not yet understand what "Dashboard" does. Will it only configure the Seaboard, or will the Midi data stream from the Seaboard somehow pass through it ?

In fact the conclusion seems to be that I will not be able to use a Seaboard in my setup unless I find a way to dynamically (by means of my patch selection software system) set it up to appropriate modes required by the different sounds it is supposed to control .

I don't want to add the Seaboard as a third keyboard, but I want it to replace the (upper) light-weighted keyboard I use additional to the (lower) Piano-action keyboard. Hence it needs to be able to most of the time work like in a traditional mode, while appropriate (new) patches would need MPE data.

-Michael
Well, it is certainly my intention to be able to use my seaboards without ever touching the dashboard. Set pitch bend to 48, mode to MPE (globals on chan 1, voices on 2-16) and then just change settings in my jsfx to control whatever is on the recieving end, whether X channels of Kontakt, fully MPE compatible synths, or hopefully the script that started this all with multiple parameter-linked VSTs.

Not sure where my plug-in is at currently, as I haven't been using the roli the last month or so. IIRC I was getting occasional stuck notes, which I have been unable to track down in the code, and was hoping some script guru with a roli would notice what I did wrong....

I hope to be back at it sometime soon, but really busy with actual music right now
woodslanding is offline   Reply With Quote