View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 05:54 PM   #119
sjs94704
Human being with feelings

Hey, there!

Total newbie here. I am more of a singer rather than a musician, BUT, in my case, I have found a website that offers high quality sounding karaoke music (Way, way better than what first came out, that's for sure!)

Anyway, here is the link to the song "Send in the Clowns" in the style of Barbra Streisand. Just under the title, there is a picture of a blue sky. Just to the right of that are the STATS of the song and you will notice that for the TEMPO it says VARIABLE.

I don't know the first thing about tempo mapping. Never done it before and would like to know how I go about starting to learn about how to do it as well as how to apply it in the circumstances I'm using it in?

So you know, what I do is put each track of the song in SOLO and download it so that each instrument is on a separate track.

Here is the link to the website/song: https://www.karaoke-version.com/custombackingtrack/barbra-streisand/send-in-the-clowns.html

The person who referred me to this thread asked me what my goal was? It is that if the tempo is indeed variable, how do I figure out what it should be in different parts of the song and what do I do to the song to meet whatever those variable tempos are and then do whatever it takes to match my project as close as possible to the original tempo...

Not sure what else to say ...

So, what do I do first?