View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 01:12 PM   #31
juliansader
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicMan View Post
The small dialogue opened with the four options but I don't know what they mean.
Cool, it seem that everything is working correctly!

Which of the four options are unclear?

The "Shape" option is perhaps not self-explanatory. You can choose between
* a "sine" shape by entering "s",
* linear or power curve by entering a number. The number is the exponent of the function y = x^number, so 1 implies a linear, straight line; 2 implies a quadratic curve, etc.

Quote:
I tried changing them to see what happens but they reverted back to the previous settings.
The script does not recall last-used settings. However, you can change the default values by editing the script's "USER AREA".

Quote:
Is there a way I can set the start and end points so the line drawn by your script starts and ends with the numbers I set.
To set start and end values, you have to insert or select CCs with those specific numbers, before running the script.

As EvilDragon mentioned above, you can check the precise CC values in the MIDI editor before inserting them.

My script "js_Insert CC or pitch at mouse position, leaving others selected" is particularly useful for inserting CC nodes before running the Insert ramp script, as in the Pitch lane in the GIF.

Quote:
However, I'm missing something very basic here. Although the script is installed and when I place my mouse over a CC lane with a selection and press my shortcut key the dialogue opens, but the script seems to not do anything.
Do you mean that no CCs are inserted in the lane?

Could you perhaps upload a GIF to illustrate the problem? (I am not quite sure what is happening.)

Quote:
When I drag my mouse the CC events are drawn in but in the default manner as without any script.
The script inserts CCs *after* you have selected or drawn the initial CC "nodes", so it will not change the left-drag drawing action.

Quote:
In the video, start and end points are entered then a smooth gradient between them is drawn in. How is that done?
Which of the CC lanes in the GIF are you referring to?
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote