Thread: Recording Live
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 08:50 AM   #44
serr
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
If you're in a location you haven't used for Wifi before, you should check how many other routers are near and if there's a free channel. We have no problems in the main theater, because it's on the inside of the building. The smaller theaters that are next to neighbours, however, are much more difficult to use Wifi in.
I do that. And that sounds about right.

Quote:
Money's no parameter at all. I'm thoroughly enjoying a TP-link that's only 20 . It comes with DD-WRT if you want it and it's range is better than my Airport Xpress's. I do prefer Mikrotik for long term installations, or difiecult spots, as they sell a number of 1W routers.
Thanks for the product tips there.

Quote:
50 Watts would only be useful (and legal) in the desert, or so. Both sides would need to have 50 Watts TX power or it wouldn't get you anything. I've never seen 50W Wifi gear that was real. But I've used boosters in the forest to get VHF or UHF to go up to 5 km. It only needed 4 Watts to get there, but it took an entire day to figure out where to put the antenna's...
I figured it would be something like that. Appreciate that comment!

Quote:
And the same goes for Wifi. If the range isn't what you expected, run some radio analysis software. And move the gear about 4 inches both ways to measure signal strength. That can make a lot of difference.

In fact, it's a lot like mic placement
radio analysis software...
That's what I'm missing. Recommendations?

Always appreciate your comments Cyrano.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote