View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #29
Xane002
Human being with feelings

No need to reply to my post, Jeffos. Breeder's suggestion worked brilliantly! After I DL'd the plugin referenced by Breeder, all I had to do to get the Live Config to learn the pre-recorded midi CC was start the playback before using the Live Config "learn" function. It worked the first try!

However..... catch though is that Reaper isn't like Cubase in that program changes will be sent even if not playing when you place the edit cursor within the length of the midi segment. Did that make sense? Cubase will send any PCs in a midi segment as a sort of reset when your edit cursor crosses into the length of that segment - even if you simply click on the timeline with no playback - this is a great feature when playing live because it queues up my HD500 patches for the guitar before the song actually starts rolling. I wanted to use this for synth selection too.

So instead, I've doubled up certain buttons in TouchOSC to send a midi CC and OSC - OSC to select the song, CC to select the Live Config patch.

I'm excited to give the new version of Live Config a whirl - it's central to what I'm trying to do live.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish with Reaper: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=115788

This explains what I'm trying to do for live performance - and I've almost got it all down to my "one button" nirvana but ALL MY ACTION/CMD IDs CHANGED ON ME LAST NIGHT!!!!!

I have a custom command for each song, mostly to go to a marker and in some cases, change the tempo. I made about 50 custom actions, entered each one of these into TouchOSC for an /action message....I close the program and a few hours later....ALL OF MY CUSTOM ACTION IDS HAVE SHIFTED THIER COMMAND IDS!!!!

I'm trying to figure out why.

EDIT: I figured out why - removing a custom action leaves a "hole" in the CMD ID assignments where upon the next restart of Reaper, that hole will be filled by the succeeding actions. At least it's apparent why....just not good form.

Last edited by Xane002; 01-05-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Xane002 is offline   Reply With Quote