View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 12:49 PM   #857
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

Ok I tried that version as well and got silence for the files. But the it occurred to me if there's an automatic fade-in applied upon creation of the file (which is what my settings are by default, so files don't "click" when the play cursor passes over their start positions), maybe the dirac file won't create properly or maybe the impulse based on the dirac file won't create properly.

I disabled automatic fade-in on creation of new media items, and tried again. This time it worked. I ran an instance of ReaVerb using the impulse, and compared with the effects that I'd used to create the impulse (just a ReaEQ setting) and it sounded the same.

So this script does work but it requires new media items to not have fade-ins automatically applied to them. If the script would be able to use the "raw" audio data of the file instead of the "post-fade-in" version, that would solve this. I'm not sure if that's possible. Alternately I guess it could be included in the documentation that the automatic fade-in setting should be disabled while running the script (or a dialog pop-up asks if that setting were changed "yes/no", and quit the script if "no" is chosen).
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote