View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
explodingPSYCH
Human being with feelings

Default Render Length (bug or user error?) (NO BUG)

I'm trying to render seamless loops and I'm running into a lot of issues after I've confirmed the loop on playback in Reaper.

Initially it had to do with some plugins I hadn't printed, but now I'm finding issues with the length of the rendered wav being varied.

I've been able to modify the length it renders (either slightly longer or shorter than the what the region is dictating) via the following:

-deactivating all plugins on master track (seems to increase the length from shorter than the region to longer than the region)

-offline verses online seems to go from slightly longer to a little bit longer than region length

-requesting a sample rate and block size seems to have varied it slightly as well, though I'm less sure about this.

-Extreme HQ resampling from 48k to 44.1k also seems to vary the length.

I have yet to get the correct length from region rendering in this file, though my other files seem to work fine.

Could I be doing something wrong? To test I am taking the rendered wav and putting them in a new file with the same BPM and dropping them in and checking the grid.

The attached picture is maximum zoom, so we are dealing with very low amounts of time. Maybe a sample or two. But it matters as I am trying to get seamless loops.
Attached Images
File Type: png render lengths.png (4.9 KB, 294 views)

Last edited by explodingPSYCH; 10-10-2017 at 02:46 PM.
explodingPSYCH is offline   Reply With Quote