View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 03:20 AM   #577
vsgrt
Human being with feelings

Some feedback on usability:

- In layout C of Track Panel, the separation between where the volume fader stops and where the track name field begins is very subtle.

- Since the record button is "tucked into" the colored area in the Mixer Panel, it is hard to tell if a track is armed if the track is also colored red. It blends together and lacks immediate visual contrast. Since the design is "done", the only fix for this as i see it is to not use a certain shade of red for track color?

- The black slit on top of the chromed volume button in the Track Panel is too short, there is no reason to not have it extend all the way. It would make each value more visually distinct.

- The transparent buttons (eg the FX on/off symbol) gets drowned out if track is same color as symbol.

- A small 1px border (or something similar) on the transport bar would make is much easier on the eyes to separate elements from each other. As it stands, elements from arranger, the rate slider of the transport bar and the FX on master track all immediately look like part of the same functionality (see attachment).

- The "selection" part on the transport bar... When looking to the right, each function is visually "boxed in": BPM 100, 4/4 and Envelope settings. Then to the left you have "Selection" and a bunch of numbers after it with no box or borders. The numbers are not immediately apparent that they belong to the same selection-function, since one is shown that functions are boxed in and separated from each other, and then selection does not follow that rule.

- I find it very ugly that there is three levels of indent on the buttons on the track panel. Folder track, armed track and track within folder all have different positions of the pan/width and FX buttons for example. I know this is a more subjective issue though, as maybe different positions leads to better overview for some. (maybe this is fixable with the script, i dunno).

- The extra "M" on the track panel when muting a track is not aligned with the M button.

- As others have mentioned, it is very hard to tell which track is selected on certain track colors.

There is a lot to like here though. But as it stands, there are so many small issues regarding usability/contrast/consistency that i am a bit worried. I get the issue with a pack of strangers all wanting their say, but i think listening to feedback is extremely important when there are so many basic flaws in your design that is not directly related to aesthetics.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 11.37.58.png (12.0 KB, 252 views)