Old 07-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #60
kfoltman
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by battla View Post
1. download the drivers from tascams site
2. install BEFORE turning on the unit
3. use it like any other control surface
Like any other control surface = by using Preferences/Control Surfaces in Reaper?

I couldn't get it to work using any of Reaper's built in control surface modes, no response to any fader/button operations whatsoever. As I said, I had some success with keymap based solution, but that's one-sided communication only (doesn't update the LEDs).

The only mode that seems to do anything is the HUI(partial) mode, and that that's where US-428 faders "work" by changing track pan instead of track volume. Kind of suboptimal, to be honest.

Of course, I'm using latest drivers from Tascam (3.4.0.3). The drivers are surely installed properly, because my own crappy version of surface plugin is working just fine using exactly the same setup.

By the way, there's no "Mackie emulation" mode in this version of drivers, or any other version I've seen - it is allegedly available in Tascam FW-1082 though (but that's a completely different device!).

If there's some trick to make it work - I surely must have overlooked it. Can you verify that it works for you with unmodified Reaper 3.0.5?
kfoltman is offline   Reply With Quote