View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 12:32 PM   #27
Don Schenk
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Damn that is somewhat scary - I am a very recent convert to Macs and have a mid 2011 Mini server running Lavericks and Logic Pro9.
I was going to upgrade to Sierra and ProX once I finish the project I am helping out on right now, but not if it opens THIS can of worms.

Is it usual for Apple to just dump user sof what it regards as "obsolete" hardware and leave users to find a helpful third party to keep them running?
I thought that was why we got Macs rather than put up with Windows usual compatibility issues.
About two and a half years ago, after almost 25 years of building Windows machines, I bought a Mac. People told me, "It's a Mac. It just works." For the most part, this has been my experience, until recently.

I was using 10.10.6, and about three weeks ago decided to skip 10.11.5, and did a fresh install of 10.12.2. Now my MBP locks up several times a day. I was beginning to think I died and went to Windows.

This MBP is dedicated to music use, and I was starting to suspect REAPER might be the culprit until yesterday when the Mac locked up in Safari, and later in WordPad, and then with iTunes.

I just updated to 10.12.3, so here's hoping.

:- Don
Don Schenk is offline   Reply With Quote