View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #17
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystagmus View Post
ok thanks. I feel that i would be in over my head, unfortunately. I haven't known how to compile anything since my college years back in the 1990s. But i can tell you that my distro is Ubuntu Studio v14.04 LTS linux. It comes with Wine v1.6.2 installed. I don't have internet access at home, so my DAW computer has never been updated. The only stuff i install on it is Windows stuff via Wine or a few Debian packages i impoted via flash drive from downloads on a public library computer.
I talked to the dev behind http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/, he has added wine-rt 1.7 with the reaper patch. There are also binaries for wineasio 32/64bit, and many other goodies for linux audio. It's a suit of apps and a group of addon repos for most debian based distros. Will probably make your life much easier...
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote