View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #27
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaemon View Post
My problem is that I don't get it running with the asio driver. In Reaper's audio configuration the entry 'WineAsio' shows up, but then nothing more happens. No input nor output able to be chosen, the audio device remains closed upon confirming my settings.
As apart from that jack works (I tried it with audacity) I get the impression that there's no connection between the WineAsio.dll (-sort of adapter, isn't it?) and Jack.
I think quite possibly it's a question of 32 vs 64bit? If your linux is 64b and you try to run 32b wineasio it will need 32b jack client libs. Might be called something like libjack0:i386 or lib32-jack, etc (depending on distro). Note that 64b reaper works fine in 64b wine..

To clarify something, wineasio has absolutely nothing to do with winecfg, as it talks directly to jack. If the above assumption is correct, then 32b wineasio would talk to the 32b jack client libs, which would use shared mem to communicate with the 64b jack server. There are also a couple of registry entries (and iirc environment variables) that can make wineasio start the jack server if it's not already running.

If you still can't get it working, please run something similar to this: WINEDEBUG=+asio wine ~/path/to/reaper.exe and capture the terminal output, might give a clue about what is going wrong.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote