View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 07:53 AM   #16
EvilDragon
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Sorry, but selecting and editing envelope points on multiple envelopes at once is out of scope for 5.50.
Sure, that is understood (especially considering RC status), but really consider adding this soon after 5.5, since a lot has been done to improve working with automation in this cycle! Why not improve it even more? And let's also not forget that Project Bay and Media Explorer would be GREAT for organizing (and in case of ME visually previewing) AIs, so this is something I'm looking forward to seeing in 5.51+. Right now we can only list AIs in Media Explorer, but on drag&drop, we get a "could not import" error. Sad

Quote:
The current behavior, where media items and automation items are all marquee-selected together, isn't ideal.

My proposal above is to only marquee select automation items on a single track at a time, though you could build a multiple-envelope selection via multiple marquee selections, or click-selecting. This has the advantage of treating automation item marquee selection just like envelope point selection, but maybe that's not much of an advantage.

MN's suggestion would be the other possibility, where a marquee that includes both media items and automation items (and does not include anything from a selected envelope) would select only media items if started over a track, and only automation items if started over an envelope lane.
I would definitely like to be able to select AIs over multiple tracks, so I think I'd like to give my vote for the context sensitivity of marquee - if started from track lane, select media, if from envelope lane, select AI - and both would work over multiple tracks then.

Quote:
But that behavior wouldn't apply to envelope points.
Unless, of course, in one of the next Reaper versions, we could marquee env points over multiple envs, right, yeah?

Last edited by EvilDragon; 07-04-2017 at 07:59 AM.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote