View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 12:20 AM   #227
Rangler
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hi Rangler, which version are you using, there are 4, Kontakt, TX16Wx, ReaSamplOmatic, and Sforzando?

Irregardless, if you installed SMDrums properly, you shouldn't be having any problems with missing files.

Please explain in detail which version, and how you installed it.

Also, did you download the manual for your version? There are instructions in the manual for installation. There might be two manuals, one for using and the other for installing.
EDIT: I just figured out how to show the hidden tracks via Track Manager, and there were hidden EQ settings buried in there. There were also hidden MIDI tracks hidden in there as well. Why would you hide all these things so the user can't find out what's going on? And why don't you stick these EQ effects on the instrument track sends instead of a separate routing area that was hidden? It's so confusing. Anyway, I'm off to bed. I spent most of this month trying to figure SM drums. The samples sound so good. It's worth it.

EDIT 2: I'm going to try MegaReaper instead of the Lite version and see if it works out better.

I'm using the RSM5K version. I couldn't get the other versions to work properly. I'm on a brand new MacBook, maxed ram.

I went ahead and started from scratch. Made my own tracks with your wav files because I couldn't understand the mapping/routing.

Now I'm trying to figure out why the samples sound different from the ones from the pre-mapped files provided by SM, especially the toms. I'm thinking these hidden tracks have something to do with it, but I can't seem to get them to show up. The track numbers skip from 32 to 45 and the track manager says there are 6 more hidden tracks after 45.

This is how I routed the samples on my scratch built version. I stuck all of them on one track and routed each of them to their own separate tracks for FX and panning. It works great. Easy to understand. But the samples sound different than the ones on the SM project file even though they use the same wav files. Still think perhaps the hidden tracks have some FX or something changing them.

Last edited by Rangler; 09-02-2017 at 01:19 AM.
Rangler is offline   Reply With Quote