View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #38
planetnine
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
The problem is that the average user is not here on the forum, they don't want user written scripts and they don't care that they exist. I don't know how to fix that.

I don't think you will until an easily browsed repository gets itself a reputation as "the place to go" for at least a core of "can't do without" workflow enhancing scripts.

People do take an interest in scripts if they're a serious user and meet a problem that is difficult to surmount with the native feature set.

Now that scripting is much easier and powerful with EEL and Lua, and the API includes nearly everything you could need, more curious, technically-adept users will find their way here to learn and download; that path and the existance of scripts and the scripters themselves will become more common knowledge over in the normal forums for when those custom "workflow pills" are needed.

Any unified source of quality script actions and tools is certainly only going to help access to the unitiated. It's just got to look friendly, be easy to navigate, positive to search and contain some good stuff -people will then get sent there in the same way as they are pointed to the SWS extensions.

People, normal people are inherently lazy and like to be spoonfed and within their comfort-zone. It's just a little too geeky and off the beaten path at the moment for most to find their way to scripts on their own. I keep looking for user problems in Gen Disc and Q+A that can be solved with a script, and it's all exposure. Be good to all give them a common link to go look for themselves...

>