View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #46
run_esc
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcartwright View Post
Or, instead of doing your own programming, keep a version of Reaper that runs the scripts you need. That's not ideal, but it is a solution.
Fair enough, still though, if I was a full-time guy (I'm just a weekend guy and probably want to stay that way), I'd look at something like Cubase where everything's in-the-box and updated as a suite and supported and probably feel more comfortable with that. I mean, if I was scoring for Spielberg kind of thing. Indie film, f*ck it, use Reaper.

But, I do use Reaper for huge projects, often including big Kontakt setups, and I've never encountered a serious problem, so that has to be emphasized. It was a pleasure to customize it just as I like it over several months, but would I have the time for that scoring E.T. 2?

When it comes down to it, Steinberg could be bought by whoeverthehell and Cubase could be turned into some godawful subscription cloud service bloody thing that everyone hates, and the Reaper community will very likely continue to provide useful scripts, for as long as everyone remains interested anyway.

The Reaper devs should take the best scripts under their wing, integrate them and include them in update cycles, but really, they have enough problems I imagine.
run_esc is offline   Reply With Quote