View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 06:28 PM   #18
InfiniteDimensionality
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcartwright View Post
I'm not going to get into this any deeper, but having some pragmatic reason for a feature is far more helpful than saying there is a hypothetical need.

Ultimately, Reaper is an audio production software and its features lend themselves to optimizing production. Explain why the curve would optimize your workflow, and accept that many will disagree and suggest alternatives.

In the end, the likelihood of this feature being implemented is pretty small. However, if you come into the conversation with a problem you're trying to solve (i.e. how do I make tempo accelerando sound more natural/consistent) then you may get some responses that are helpful to your end goal even if the tempo curve isn't implemented.
This is the problem:

I ask for the feature, which is well within my right to do so.

Then the first two responses are that it is impossible to do because the posters are god(as only god truly knows what is possible and impossible).

Then I shoot them down that they are wrong and it is possible the whole point of the thread spirals out of control...

Do you not agree with the above analysis?

So, effectively they have destroyed any progress can be made because of their ignorance, of which I simply tried to correct using logic and well known mathematics and computers knowledge(of which they seem to pretend to be experts but are clearly lacking in this common programming knowledge).

Then I'm left still having to defend the reason I give for asking for the feature...

Rather than discuss and debate the feature on it's merits it always gets bogged down in to those who have to try to prove how intelligent they are by shooting things down(i.e., play god so they can feel in control of whatever control they actually lack).

I have enough experience and knowledge to know the feature could be easily implemented by Cockos without any real hassle(it could literally be done in a day). Of course, they are not my slaves and I can tell them what to do with their time... that is not my point.

But the fact is, it is a relevant feature and suggesting alternatives does not solve the innate issue and never will completely solve the problem(although a script could come very close and if done well it might be acceptable).

What generally happens is the people who are not intelligent as they think they are believe that if Cockos didn't implement it then it must be impossible because they worship at their feet(in the sense that they believe they must be experts and would do everything that is possible). So they try to identify with their gods so they can be perceived as one too...

In fact, since we have no control over it, it is pointless for anyone to say anything in an unhelpful way, and claiming something is impossible is extremely unhelpful UNLESS one has a air tight proof(which is not the same as a feeling or belief or desire).

Let Cockos decide, if they do so in ignorance then so be it... since they are the ones that are the part of the product then only they have the right to do so.

Now, if the first response started differently like "I've done some research and what I know about the situation is that it seems impossible" rather than "I'm a god(expert) and it IS impossible".

One is based in intelligence and one is in ignorance... can you spot which one?
InfiniteDimensionality is offline   Reply With Quote