View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 04:36 AM   #2
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Every default theme I change the order of the buttons, and every time I get requests to a) change them back, and b) change them a different way. Can't win Anyway, discussion was here, you're not alone.

The order change is a very easy mod, though some image tweaks would be required to not have discontinuity in the button backgrounds. I had to pick one order for the theme itself to stick my limitation of only using one set of images, to ease the load of everything now existing in 3 different sizes.

Transports are particularly easy to transplant from one theme to another, because you can overwrite the images and walter section from one theme to another and it'll all pretty much work because aside from (possibly) some font allocations; the transport is fairly self contained.

If you do want to try some light modding, read this sticky the learn how to unpack and refresh a theme.

Then in the rtconfig.txt scoot all the way down to line 1354:

Code:
	; draw content in sec_buttons
	set trans.rew                	+ [sec_buttons sec_buttons] [size_rew size_rew size_rew size_rew]
	set trans.fwd                	+ + [trans.rew sec_buttons] [size_rew{2}] [size_fwd size_fwd size_fwd size_fwd]
	set trans.rec                	+ + [trans.fwd sec_buttons] [size_fwd{2}] [size_rec size_rec size_rec size_rec]
	set trans.play               	+ + [trans.rec sec_buttons] [size_rec{2}] [size_play size_play size_play size_play]
	set trans.repeat             	+ + [trans.play sec_buttons] [size_play{2}] [size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat]
	set trans.stop               	+ + [trans.repeat sec_buttons] [size_repeat{2}] [size_stop size_stop size_stop size_stop]
	set trans.pause              	+ + [trans.stop sec_buttons] [size_stop{2}] [size_pause size_pause size_pause size_pause]
...is simply the walter way of saying "each button just sits next the previous button". So, two bits of swapping around and they can be :

Code:
	; draw content in sec_buttons
	set trans.rew                	+ [sec_buttons sec_buttons] [size_rew size_rew size_rew size_rew]
	set trans.fwd                	+ + [trans.rew sec_buttons] [size_rew{2}] [size_fwd size_fwd size_fwd size_fwd]
	set trans.rec                	+ + [trans.fwd sec_buttons] [size_fwd{2}] [size_rec size_rec size_rec size_rec]
	set trans.play               	+ + [trans.rec sec_buttons] [size_rec{2}] [size_play size_play size_play size_play]
	set trans.stop               	+ + [trans.play sec_buttons] [size_play{2}] [size_stop size_stop size_stop size_stop]
	set trans.pause              	+ + [trans.stop sec_buttons] [size_stop{2}] [size_pause size_pause size_pause size_pause]
	set trans.repeat             	+ + [trans.pause sec_buttons] [size_pause{2}] [size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat]
and there it is, for all 3 sizes: