View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
kindafishy
Human being with feelings

I'll second jopatius here. The vocals and the rest of the mix are very disjointed. The music is recorded, mixed, and affected tastefully and perfectly, really. The vocals feel very heavy in the body and too present compared to everything else. Am I hearing correction software working in a few places as well?

What are your recording details, what did you use? I'm thinking VSTi type instruments, samples, band in a box, etc? If not, and you recorded a lot of this stuff using real instruments, I think I'm going to quit music because in three years, I haven't been able to capture and mix to this level of quality. Not that there's anything wrong with VSTi, it's just that if it's not virtual, I don't think I can go on...

Just sounds much too perfect for 'first mix ever' if you're dealing with real instruments and you don't have a first class room with first class gear to record them with, but I'm happy to stand corrected.

Anyway, the song itself, the writing, is very, very good. I don't understand the lyrics, but the music is well done.
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote