View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 06:21 AM   #76
RokkD
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstillwell
I've figured out what is making some of my projects crash on playback...

Dasample GlaceVerb.

If GlaceVerb is in the project, it will work when I add it to the project. When I save, quit and come back to the project it will crash on playback. If I disable all plugs before playback, start playback and then start enabling plugs...once again it works...until the next time I quit and restart. Rinse, repeat.

Too bad...it's a nice reverb for a freebie. Any chance of getting REAPER to work with it (or getting GlaceVerb to work with REAPER)?

Scott Stillwell

Same here, been having this problem for quite sometime (using the same workaround) funny thing is though, some of my projects that include Glaceverb never crash, could be a combination of Glaceverb and other plugs, or Glacverb included with too many other plugs in a parent folder and/or the master out.....or nothing to do with Glaceverb at all.

btw, the crash I'm having at the mo is of the 'Run time error' variety. It seems to me that Reaper doesn't always get along very well with reverbs in general.. (read below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokkD
Here's a for instance: I have a project with 'Space' reverb on it, one minute it plays back fine, come in next day and it chokes on playback, so I swapped it for ariesverb, now playback is fine, but come in next day, and now ariesverb is choking on playback, switch back to Space and it plays back fine.

So the workaround for me is: Untick the reverb, click stop in the transport(even though it's already stopped) save-close-and reopen Reaper-tick the reverb, and now playback and rendering is fine again.
tbh, it doesn't bother me that much, as long as I can find a workaround and keep the project intact..

--
RokkD is offline   Reply With Quote