View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 10:50 AM   #7
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkeith View Post
That's great news.

I've avoided iLok/Pace for a while now, but I'm getting to the point where I just might have to buy an iLok for Pro Tools. I have some clients that like to take PT projects with them after their session (for additional overdubbing, then to a mixing engineer). I'm sick of spending hours the after the session prepping all our work in Reaper before it hits AA Translator. But also, our new PC at the studio will not touch the internet, if I can help it.
So the only way I'll be able to run it is with an iLok.

Sell me yours?
If I were still selling time in my studio I would not have switched to Linux, or retired my iLok plugins. I do really like Lexicon's and SoundToys reverb algorithms, but there are other reverbs I can achieve pretty much the same sound from that are also native Linux.

I do plan to keep the old iLok as it has a number of licenses on it that one day I may opt to reactivate. Just not currently.

BTW, my copy of Vintage Warmer can be linked to an iLok, but also a simple serial number, which is the way I have it currently installed. I did NOT do the last upgrade with them, as v2.3.1 added more latency which I wasn't thrilled with. I was even keeping the earlier super light drag one installed so I could use it on an every track basis if I wanted.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote