View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 04:25 PM   #39
cfillion
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
And if we speak about auto-update we`ll should add to any new script default header (author, supported REAPER/SWS version, tags maybe, related forum thread) to make it being used for future dedicated auto-update/manager extension (or script). For now it just thoughts.
Yes a header format like that will be necessary for an automated manager. I'm not sure about duplicating the author name since it is already part of the file name?

I experimented today on a way to parse and validate these metadata when a commit or a pull request is made:

https://github.com/cfillion/test_reascript_metadata

This is done with a custom parser tool and Travis CI (a free service for running automated tests). For now it only supports required, optional "keys" or regex matching.

Code:
RULES = {
  :desc => MetaHeader::REQUIRED,       # @desc cannot be omitted
  :version => /\A\d+\.\d+(?:\.\d+)?\z/ # @version must be valid
}
-----

These metadata should probably be indexed in some sort of database, that the manager can download and use as the list of available scripts.
This can be built automatically (triggered by a GitHub hook). Though I'm unsure about the right format to use and where it should be hosted (probably in the repository if it's a plain-text file)...

Last edited by cfillion; 11-24-2015 at 06:44 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote