View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 01:15 AM   #37
Tubeguy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajawamnet View Post
Funny you mention led zep and how bad some of it sounds
I didn't say bad, I said garage or home recording. These are actually great recordings and I would include Jeff Lynn style in it as well. These aren't regular run of the Mill productions. They're made to evoke certain emotions, stage, space, natural feel, what ever. When I say garage I mean they give it that feel so it's sounds natural unprocessed, down to earth.
Kravitz - evokes 70's style production we were used to hear from players and HiFi of the day. Productions of the day didn't actually sound like that.
Jeff Lynne - evokes feeling of huge rooms, natural feel and fat powerful sound.
And than we have band like The Sweet from the era - Just plain bold pop uncolored pop music production not much different to today.
All this through my ears though, many might not agree and that's ok.

As for the remastered Led Zep track, sorry I'm not a fan. To me it looses the magic. The magic many of us are trying now to recreate.
Not everything needs to be fully audible, compressed or in phase. It looses it's inner mystery. That's why I can't stand remastered Beatles. Can only hear it once and than there is nothing else to discover later so I would never buy remastered.

Last edited by Tubeguy; 08-02-2018 at 01:53 AM.
Tubeguy is offline   Reply With Quote