View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 05:12 AM   #1719
Trancit
Human being with feelings

Please could anybody make such a script (if this is possible)???:

In Reaper (and most other DAW`s) there is no way to mixdown/render multiple clips from different tracks into one single audio file (with different options to include existing fx), put the rendered audio file in place and mute the previous selected clips...

In Reaper there are thousand ways to some kind render in place with muting the originals but selecting multiple clips on different tracks results with every method in multiple rendered clips... no way to mixdown in one clip, which is very handy to make breaks, sound FX etc out of an existing section respectfully a selection of present clips...

The only DAWīs I know, doing this "right" are Cubase (render in place)and FL Studioīs new "Consolidate playlist selection"

Both DAWs offering different methods to include insert/send/master fx into the new file...

I want to have mostly insert/group(bus) and send fx included, what makes it impossible to group the selected clips together into a new group and render this to a new track...

With custom actions you can come quite close but only for the first half of the needed action...
This is what I tried up to now after selecting the clips I want to mixdown:

Quote:
Script: X-Raym_Select only tracks of selected items.lua
Track: Solo tracks
Time selection: Remove time selection
SWS: Set time selection to selected items (skip if time selection exists)
SWS: Disable master FX
File: Render project to disk...
This custom actions needs now manually

-to adjust the render settings (Source/Bounds/target/add rendered items to new tracks...etc...), respectfully closing this nerving render window

-unbypass the master fx

-unsolo the soloed tracks

-mute the previous selected clips instead

Because there is no way of automating the render dialog (and everything else creates seperate files for each selected track) I am stuck with what I got now with this custom action

Of course itīs all possible to do manually... but this is Reaper, isnīt it???
I saw already many threads on this topic from the last 10 years, but somehow itīs still status quo...

Perhaps some gifted person could help me out here...
Thx anyway for reading.
Trancit is offline   Reply With Quote