View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 06:55 PM   #3
RDBOIS
Banned

First song:

- Lot's of dynamics - quantity of sound levels between quite and loud parts - I like that!

- Some background noise (shhhhhhhhhhh - you can hear it between 0 and 2 seconds)

- 1:00 Slightly abrupt transition

- Vocals sight right when listening with good headphones

- Personally, I like storytelling songs - so I enjoyed listening. Kind of like a mix between Neil Young and Gordon Lightfoot?

- 2:39 Another sharp transition - Perhaps some in need of a magic trick? For example, a reverved-reverb to introduce the coming of the transition? You know the effect I'm talking about?

- 3:23 I suspect your pick hit the guitar at the end of the strum; I would re-track that strum or notch it out if possible.

- 4:05 to 4:08 Something just doesn't sit right in that tight little time slot

- All in all it's a good mix. I think you should be proud.

Second song:

- Same background noise (shhhhhhhhhhh - you can hear it between 0 and 2 seconds)

- 0:10 ; 0:15; ... What sounds like tambourine hits come out a bit loud in the highend freqs (could also be too loud around 7-8 K - just a wild guess)

- Nice female vocals. Good enough to be louder!

- The bass seems to get a bit lost behind a bit of loud end mud in some places ; I'd see if I could have a more consistent bass by either carving a spot for it, boosting it in the mids (to hear the nasal-y part of the instrument), or finding out where the mud comes from (could it be the low end of the synth or the cello?

- I wonder if we wouldn't hear the acoustic guitar strumming bits if they had just a bit more 'air'?

- 3:09 Ok, the bass has now revealed itself to us in full; it sounds very 'blurry' (like Bigfoot) LOL

- All in all it's also a good mix. Nice play between the female and male back vocal (I really enjoyed that a lot... We more of it!!!).

I was listening with good quality headphones. I can't say anything about mono, monitors, or cheap gear.
That's all I got. Hope it helps?
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote