View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 11:50 AM   #7
pepe44
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain View Post
That usecase is perfect for reaper, because it's stability guarantees uninterrupted performance for 12 hours and more, using it as FOH mixer, and stage monitor mixer and multitrack-recorder at the same time. Never had a single glitch in the signal. (At home I run Reaper more than 2 weeks uninterrupted just as low-latency host for the room correction plugin for all computer audio playback. Hardware is moderate, just a silent notebook, fan always off)
With good VST channel strips you can achieve better and more flexible sound processing capabilities than with any hardware based digital mixer.
I run microphone correction plugins in every channel, and speaker-correction plugins in every monitor and main output.
The (actually with cable measured) 5.6 ms roundtrip latency (ASIO-Buffer size = 64 samples) was not yet noticed by the musicians, otherwise they complain, especially percussionists get confused from noticeable delay in the monitor path.

Multitrack-recording records the raw signal pre-FX, so the FX can be changed afterwards entirely when mastering.

Short answer: yes, use it for your purpose, you'll never find a better and more reliable solution. (Make sure your Windows services are stripped down to the bare minimum, if you use Windows)
Thats a great detailed info.
Can you tell us what converters are you using ?
I recently adquired the Merging Anubis and planning on doing some live things with Reaper and Anubis. DJ (LR) and a microphone using the Antares access auto tune plugin (0 samples low latency plugin). I can get has low as 2.1 ms Latency @ 48KHz .Maybe ill dig in to the HAPI range of products later on.
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote