View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 12:45 PM   #40
CraigG58
Human being with feelings

Hi JamesPeters, your favorite pain in the ass is back.

Okay, I think I've made a bit of progress here, but I'm still having some difficulties.

Again, my aim is to create a configuration which will perform a single kick drum replacement. Once I have that, I can duplicate it for my other various other kick samples.

Here's my current configuration... For the sake of sanity, I used the same filename as the sample as my naming convention:

Kick Drum Sample = "CYCdh_KesKick-08.wav" (stereo)
Resides in D:\craig\Music\Cygnus Studios\Software\VST\drumgizmo-vst-64bit-0.9.14\KickDrumReplacement\Instruments\Samples

Drum Kit XML
Resides in D:\craig\Music\Cygnus Studios\Software\VST\drumgizmo-vst-64bit-0.9.14\KickDrumReplacement

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<drumkit name="CYCdh_KesKick-08" description="Kick Drum Replacement Sample">
  <channels>
    <channel name="CYCdh_KesKick-08"/>
  </channels>
  <instruments>
    <instrument name="CYCdh_KesKick-08" file="Instruments/CYCdh_KesKick-08.xml">
      <channelmap in="CYCdh_KesKick-08" out="CYCdh_KesKick-08"/>
    </instrument>
  </instruments>
</drumkit>
Instrument XML
Resides in D:\craig\Music\Cygnus Studios\Software\VST\drumgizmo-vst-64bit-0.9.14\KickDrumReplacement\Instruments

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<instrument version="2.0" name="CYCdh_KesKick-08">
  <samples>
    <sample name="CYCdh_KesKick-08">
      <audiofile channel="CYCdh_KesKick-08" file="Samples/CYCdh_KesKick-08.wav" filechannel="1"/>
    </sample>
  </samples>
</instrument>
MIDI Map
Resides in the same directory as the drum kit XML file: D:\craig\Music\Cygnus Studios\Software\VST\drumgizmo-vst-64bit-0.9.14\KickDrumReplacement

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<midimap>
  <map note="36" instr="CYCdh_KesKick-08"/>
</midimap>

The first strange thing I ran into was, I couldn't get this to work at all until I added 'version="2.0"' to the instrument XML file. I noticed this parameter in the DrumGizmo XML syntax documentation, and gave it a try. Low and behold, after that I was finally hearing the replacement sample.

But, I'm only hearing it from the left channel, and only when I turn the "Wet" control on DrumGizmo up. On the right channel, I hear the original kick track. Obviously, something is still screwed up with my XML or routing, or maybe it's because the sample is in stereo?

Lastly, here's a screenshot of my mixer plugin layout:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bN...N4A6Mt0JYhh2uK

This has got to be something simple, any ideas where I'm screwing up here?
CraigG58 is offline   Reply With Quote