View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 10:39 PM   #188
mschnell
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
The "indexer" is reapack-index. It's a tool for generating a single XML index file understood by ReaPack out of the files and metadata. It is run automatically after each contribution on ReaTeam repos.
So we (Reapack users and package contributors) don't need to bother about it, as its automated. OK. But how are we to see any success or error messages from that tool ?

I uploaded a JSFX script to https://github.com/ReaTeam/JSFX. It's called "Volume-Control". I pasted the content to the Window that appears when doing a "create file" and in the "filename" window I wrote "Volume-Control.jsfx".

The file starts like this:
Code:
version: 1.0

author: Michael Schnell (mschnell@bschnell.de)

about:

## description

The midi CC values 0 ... 127 are mapped to an "amplifier" curve that consists of a linear and an exponential part
in a way, that with CC = 0 the amplification is 0 (-inf dB) and with CC = 127 the amplification is 1 (0db).

A slider defines the amount (in dB), the amplification is reduced with each CC step.

According to that, the breakpoint between the exponential and the linear part is set so that 
at this point the value and the slope of the curves match.

Below the breakpoint, a linear curve is used so that with CC = 0 the amplification is Zero (-infinity dB).

Another slider defines the maximum speed the amplification is modulated. This is set in dB per modulation step.

Moreover the maximum speed used is reaching a new defined level in as many steps a samples in a block.

A graph shows as well the curve (Amplification vs CC steps), as the dynamic movement of the amplification level.

## Limitations

As due the the description above, the modulation speed is limited to reaching the target level in a timespan at least 
as the duration of a sample block, the current version of this plugin is not suitable for synth-like application that
intend to implement a VCA,

changelog: Initial release

donation: Transfer any amount you find appropriate to any of the major charity organizations 

// Author: Michael Schnell, based on a work of Time Waster (M. Smith)
// License: LGPL - http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html
//

desc:Midi Volume Control

slider1:0<0,15,1{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16}>MIDI Input Channel
But I fail to see it in the available packages in the Reaper extension (of course I did a refresh).

I still am totally lost on how I would distribute multi-file packages and packages containing binary files. But this of course is not an urgent issue.

(Should this discussion better be continued in Developr's ? )
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote