View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 03:38 AM   #1
cubic13
Human being with feelings

Default Two other ways to be Logic...

CLogic is in the stash, as my own way to see a 'Logic like' theme. Another one ? Yes, because I actually like how the Logic UI is done and I thought that it could be a good base for an all purpose basic Reaper theme. So, as I wanted it to be as close to my tastes as possible, I built my own from scratch. To be honest, I was also missing the theming process, even if it sometimes it can get on my nerves... This theme is rather basic (at the opposite of my CubicPacks...) ; I just made few layouts (including a VCA/Group one) to keep it as sober as possible but I also thought that developing this one would be a good occasion to get a little experimental in three directions and these have actually been my main motivation to achieve this work :

1) The transport bar : I wanted it to be redimensionable with its controls moving accordingly, this with all the transport bar options fully working.
2) The way Logic seems to display folders is interesting, and I was wondering if I could get something more or less similar with Reaper theming features. I'm not sure of it, as I don't have access to a Logic based DAW ; I did my work with the help of different screenshots I could gather here and there.
3) Same thing for the toolbars : I wanted to see to which extent we can implement toolbar icons of different shapes to make them as 'Logic like' as possible. Just a note here about the Toolbar1 : it has been dimensioned to work on my 1920 x 1200 pixels monitor. From which, adjustments will probably be need on it (by adding or removing separators) if your monitor resolution doesn't match mine.

At the end, here is the result. In the zip file, I just put the ReaperThemeZip file and the four toolbars designed to work with it, which should be put in the \MenuSets folder of your Reaper installation, then loaded in the Customize menus/toolbars window.

EDIT : Since 9th may 2018, there is also another theme available : FLogic, which is similar to the most recent versions of the model (10.3 and over...) : the link is below.

The links :

CLogic : https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1932/CLogic.zip
FLogic : https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2146/FLogic.zip

Feedback, comments and suggestions welcomed...

CLogic 2.00 (18th november 2018) :

FLogic 2.00 (18th november 2018) :

Last edited by cubic13; 11-18-2018 at 03:17 AM. Reason: v 2.00 update for both CLogic and FLogic themes...
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote