View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 01:20 PM   #31
chanapar
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by olzzon
I just did a couple of mix with 40 tracks. And it works fine for me. Yes, i think this part can be improved, but thereīs so many things that can be improved and for me itīs not the most important.

Iīve done alot of work in all sorts of DAWīs and i havenīt found the complete solution yet, to a fast way.

One of my favorites is the O2R faders, that can flip between, Ch fader, Aux fader, Etc. This is so nice bacuse you have fast acces to everything. Havenīt seen it in a DAW yet.
My dream would be something like that.
So that when in the Mixer view, you have shortcuts to different sends and when you press E.G "1" all the faders change to Channel fader and "2" all faders change to Send 1 etc.
But as i said, i havenīt thought this completely through.
But i really think that we should, stay calm, and find a solution that better than the others.
Ofcause this is just my opinion.

If it (the control panel/right click/thin strip) works for you thats good. I'm sure it works for others and I'm not suggesting it be removed since its use is already optional.

About the 02R, good DAW softwares, especially Reaper, are why I never considered (nor will be) using a digital mixer. Reaper suits me particularly well because of the way it handles audio.

As Reaper stands now, I think it needs very few improvements (except possibly in midi editing). I started this thread as a feature request because to me a simple floating/dockable channel strip/track inspector would save time and effort working with the program - not that isn't good already.

I've used and tried a lot of DAWs as well - everything from SAW to Pyramix to N-track lol! I have found a complete solution for audio work with Reaper and it is very very fast for me One or two little optional additions would make things not only faster but, more pleasant.

Ara

ps - and the other 2 mini feature modifications - up/down arrow keys for selecting tracks and ability to stretch tracks over the TCP. sometimes the simplest things make life more pleasant.
chanapar is offline   Reply With Quote