View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 06:43 AM   #100
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesi View Post
This is the first of many 500series modules to come:
the 1175 compressor (here two side by side). Thanks to Tunca for providing the modified JSFX! There is something about the meters that needs an explanation: Those meters are very smooth, they are not of the "flashy" kind. They smoothly fade in and out, with a range of 2 db per LED, to be easy on the eye. they behave quite analog.

I have so many ideas for the other modules :-D I make this module downloadable as soon as I have finished some other modules.
Thanks! Looks fantastic - great work. The only thing I would say from a personal POV, is that I'm not a big fan of skeuomorphic perspective GUI's.

There are two reasons -
1. I find it hard to see what I'm setting the knob to - my brain has to do the extra adjustment because on real hardware I can physically move my head - but this doesn't work on fixed perspective GUI's.

2. In Stripper (a limitation of Reascript) - there is a limit to the number of bitmaps that can be loaded into memory per script. So having a set of different perspective controls eats into that limit slowly. Those 5 controls could be done using a single bitmap instead of 5. To be fair though - I've never hit the limit - Stripper allows around 700-800 different bitmaps for controls and background graphics - but it's possible I guess on very large projects.

However - having said that - there is nothing stopping me editing the strip for my own use and using a single knob graphic for all the knobs - so not a problem at all really. Would take me literally 10 seconds.

I'm really looking forward to the other strips you create
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote