View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #148
Runaway
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhead View Post
a quick note to say that we are now using 404NotFound's code in Ardour for OMF import. I plan to talk with him about various issues along the way, since I believe we can make it much faster than it currently is. Not that important, though.
That is excellent news for Ardour users. I have had Ardour on my list of daws for sometime but have been bogged down with other more pressing issues.
404NotFound has done a lot of good work there and as you will/have found there are many ways to do similar things.

Keep up the good work.

Avid knew that one day there would be those that would finally crack the inner workings of the omf thats why the first moved to their own 'secret mens business' version of omf and then finally to AAF :-)

We have made big improvements in our omf reading along with adding more formats and improvements across all daw formats for the next release.

As far as future omf support goes we have enlisted the support of RonN from over in the Audition camp and with his help have finally got some preliminary writing of omfs. Still early days but with luck that functionality will make the following release.