View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #199
AdamWathan
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas_Eriksson_Swe View Post
Thanks for your story! I love to hear that people still use my little plug in! If you have the time please post or mail me a song or snippet of a track where you're using DrumReaplacer - that would make my day.

A midi player version of DrumReaplacer would probably use a bit less CPU but not much since most of the power goes to the "player" part of the code. And you're right that this is a JS limitation, memory handling isn't blazing fast. (Not complaining though, I love JS : )

Off (this) topic, lately I've been using DrumReaplacer to add ambience to my kick tracks. You ever noticed how the kick sounds great in the overheads? Sadly this great sound is most of the time drowned by snare, toms and cymbals when the whole kit is played. But once again, DrumReaplacer to the rescue : ) I just make a sample source file with a few kicks recorded through the overheads (takes only a couple of minutes) and use that file in DrumReaplacer. Now I can add as much "OH kick" as I want to the kit.

Regards,
- Jonas

BTW I'm also on a late 2009 MBP but with the 2.4 Ghz processor : )
How hard would it be to create a version that accepts MIDI input? I have a decent background in computer programming and wouldn't mind taking a stab at it by amalgamating parts of your code with some other MIDI based JS plugs!
AdamWathan is offline   Reply With Quote