View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #15
David Else
Human being with feelings

FANTASTIC! Thanks so much!

Tonight I have been trying the Witti auto_level JS and then I found this

I have a few observations that could make your plug-in even better.

1. There is a bug. When you press start/stop (space bar) everything resets as expected APART from the Post Gain dB when the plug-in in the middle has had its output reduced.

For example, I am volume matching an EQ. I make an adjustment, press space to reset the values. If the EQ volume has gone down then everything but the Post Gain dB value changes. It just gets stuck. The only way to do a real reset is to press the reset button, this is a shame as it seems natural to press space to me.

2. The Diff RMS Avg value is slightly different to the Witti plug-in even with the same RMS window. I measured that the Witti one was perfect compared to Reaper's own RMS, so there is possibly a problem?

3. There is no way to tell your plug-in to stop listening. The Witti one just somehow knows when to stop and does. It also has a scan on/off button to tell it to stop too. Once the match is perfect its great to tell the plug-in to stop, otherwise there is tiny changes going on as you listen.

4. The A/B button could be bigger

5. Is having RMS and PEAK at the same time ever a good idea? Maybe it should be one drop down menu to choose between one or the other?

Your plug-in is much better than the Witti one in that it has the A/B function, does not need 2 extra audio channels to be added to every bus and has the 1770 pre filter. Witti's one is amazing too, we are really getting spoilt for choice here.

Amazing work, thanks for this, and thanks to all the JS developers.