View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 05:09 AM   #35
Skijumptoes
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooks View Post
I think you'd have to buy a really cheap laptop to match the relatively poor build/reliability of Apple laptops. I can't help you there I'm afraid, but this man could shed some light on the issues...
I've a 2012 Mac Book, which is my daily workhorse, probably runs around 70 hrs/week, gets thrown in bags, plugged into different monitors/charging docks/usb docks. Into projectors, daily commutes with me.

And honestly, it's still like new, the battery, somehow is still good, and physically it's just not aged - it actually amazes me to think how old it is and the amount of use it's had - even through hot summer months (Running virtual machines and DB servers too).

Yet i look at people who're using PC's with keys that have fallen off, won't sleep correctly when the lid is put down, run for about 2 hours on battery with the fan flat out etc. etc. And i'm so glad i don't have to put up with all that nonsense.

Obviously i don't account for a great number of users, but i've literally earnt several $100k's from that one MacBook in the course of it's 5+ years. If i told a builder or plumber that who's spending far more on power tools etc. what you think they'd say?!

Maybe the 2012 models were pretty good, i don't know, but i've not had any reason to replace it thus far.
Skijumptoes is online now   Reply With Quote