View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 07:53 AM   #30
bozmillar
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRNet View Post
The second segment (the one we are in) it's exactly like the LCD tv market, a saturated segment where almost everybody uses the same technology with some personal tweaks, in this segment market perception plays a major role and you must give the impression to the customer that he's making a big deal buing your plugin instead that the one from your competitor. It may be to the low price, to the exceptional sale to that strong testimonial, everything works just build your brand value!
Interesting. I've never really thought about it this way, although I'd put FabFilter probably in the latter group, but doing a really good job of it. There are some developers out there doing all sorts of really cool interesting things, but FabFilter is basically focusing their efforts on UX.

I'm curious about your plugins. I notice that you keep your prices pretty low. Is that something you've done because you feel it's right or because you've tested and seen that it works better? I've wanted to lower my prices, but every time I do, they start selling less, and it drives me nuts.