View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #381
mschnell
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
The end goal being to have a list containing only packages with a documentation?
This would be great but of course beyond the scope of the contributors of this thread

Quote:
I think adding a new kind of filter (eg. has:about) in the Package Browser would be a simpler way to to this (and more powerful in the long run if adding others filters later).
In fact I have been argumenting on behalf of the "common" user to whom ReaPack is just a tool occasionally used to find and install something. (S)he will seek for help for anything already in place in the Help menu and not in the "Extensions" menu. (And there in fact is where it belongs, IMHO.)

Quote:
This could probably be done with a ReaScript actually, using the new API I've added to ReaPack in the latest beta.
As long as the filename of the focused effect can be obtained (I haven't looked into it).
Great to know (both facts)! Consequently a more advanced ReaPack could provide it out of the box together with the additional "Help" menu entry .

Quote:
https://reapack.com/repos
I meant the "Button".

Quote:
Theoretically you could build an index file describing the stock FX and having it set as Disabled in ReaPack so that it doesn't try to manage the files.
Great to know that this already seems to be possible. I would like to try this, even if it does not make much sense as long as there is no Help Menu entry for the Reaper users to easily find it. So could you elaborate on "build an index file", so that I can try to provide an example ?

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 07-02-2017 at 10:43 PM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote