View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 02:17 PM   #26
KosmicEarth
Human being with feelings

Default Due Diligence before I buy

Hi First post from UK music maker....
Been diving into Reaper last week & loving it. (BTW The TUTS are awesome - Love the NY accent, very happy memories of my time there from the golden period of 1981 in Central park listening to Simon Garfuncle live

I am about to plunge into the Galaxy known as Reaper after a break of 20yrs away from home studio recording. I was brought here from multiple forum posts Including this AWESOME post - https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=52382 and by many others highly recommending Reapers multiple VST stability regarding CPU issues like crashes, clicks, etc. on large track recordings.

However Just catching up on this particular thread can you please confirm my Midi Sync to Audio will be hassle free? You see I have x12 External midi driven "Real World" machines (Everything from Multiple M1R's to Old CasioFZ1 samplers, etc) that I wish to combine as I construct my EDM with the very best of the VST world (Kontakt. Dune3,Omni 2.5, Serum, Uhe Repro 1, etc) I know things have moved on but I never want to face the same issues I had with Sonar (And dare I say it the ISIS I/O card !). I am also about to buy a Pro Audio card (Something like the zero latency MOTU M4 but open to suggestions by the pro's here! )to bring me into the "Star Trek" Era : - ) Thanks in advance. (Brain HQ is Acer Nitro, i7, Win764, 8GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 4GB,SSD, etc. also I have several spare machines for driving other VST's via ethernet & copperlan) Thanks in advance.
KosmicEarth is offline   Reply With Quote