View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 11:22 AM   #4
bozmillar
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youlean View Post
We will make WDL/IPlug alive for long into a future. The thing is that WDL is much easier to work than JUCE, or at least for me.
My experience is the same. I've tried switching to JUCE a number of times, and I always come back to wdl. I just can't tell at this point if it's because I'm so comfortable with wdl or if it really that much easier to use.

I just worry a little bit that being completely free and open source and only really being held up by a couple of people, that when one person gets burned out, it can fall to dust quickly. I'd be completely happy if wdl decided to go the JUCE route and charge for pro licenses, in exchange for paying people to keep it running smoothly and adding features. That money could go to people creating more example projects, keeping things up to date, and all sorts of stuff.

It's not that wdl is doing a bad job of it now, it's just that it could collapse at a minute's notice due to just a couple people changing their focus. Also, it would help ease the guilt I feel every once in a while for being able to support a family off of someone else's hard work.