View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 01:44 PM   #758
cfillion
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
My Stripper script requires a lot of resource files - a basic set provided in a zip file in github - and typically I keep everything in Scripts/LBX folder.

As far as I can see - it would not be possible using this tool to keep the files in my preferred folder?
There's a few options for locating the resource files. It could be installed in the Data directory: reaper.GetResourcePath() .. '/Data/LBXCS resources/'. The script could look for it relative to itself: ({reaper.get_action_context()})[2]:match('^(.+)/') .. '/LBXCS resources'. The only way to get rid of the "ReaTeam Scripts" root directory in the Scripts folder would be to maintain your own repository (XML index).

Quote:
So my main query is can the zip file be unpacked - or does each file need to be separate.
The contents of the package must be explicitly set. (I see the archive has empty folders: because ReaPack–like git–deals with "real" files, these can be achieved by adding a hidden empty file inside–usually ".keep".).

The file hierarchy on the repository can differ from what is installed. https://i.imgur.com/l2EZ9BZ.gif

Quote:
And when updating via Reapack - will all current files in the resources folder remain there (as would be required) - with only new or updated files being added/overwritten?
ReaPack only overwrites files that are explicitly listed as being part of an installed package. Files manually created alongside the package's files are kept, even after uninstalling it.

Last edited by cfillion; 03-04-2019 at 01:52 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote