View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #204
corazon
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannii View Post
Ah, but there's more than just services and software. There's all the hardware disabling and bios settings too. My system is running really well with everything exactly as it is now and I really don't want to mess with bios, hardware drivers, services AND software just to enable ONE program access to the web. It's not worth the hassle to be honest.

As far as viruses coming from other sources is concerned, that's really a non issue here. Everything that is loaded onto my studio rig either comes from downloads done on my fully protected laptop or, if it is external media from an outside source, gets checked on my laptop first. Q.E.D.
Anti-Virus software is by nature, late to the party, since an infection
must first be detected somewhere, the source isolated, the code studied and defeated, then the solution distributed, and then implemented by the victims. It takes 5 seconds to turn off avast, and maybe 30 more for the ham-fisted to flip the switch on spybot, as if an 8+ ghz machine would even notice. (My sad dinosaur is much slower than that, I never even knew it was
running, til I noticed the odd named service running, and looked it up.)
Cheers
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote