View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 11:18 AM   #3
RDBOIS
Banned

Hello.

Well, it does depend on the song, genre, other sound of the other instruments (e.g. the reverb on them), etc., but I do it, mostly, like this:

1) I add some delay using ReaDelay with the following settings (note - try my setting and then modify them to fit your situation):

2) I add reverb (normally on another track called REVERB_Buss - I route the vocals to this track (and other instruments too), then blend this reverb buss track in the mix):

Note1: With ReaVerb you need to ADD an impulse file by clicking and adding one located somewhere on your harddrive. Here is a link for some rather good reverb impulse files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw24c3r031...it%29.zip?dl=0

Note2: Unzip this file and put the folder somewhere you'll remember. When you load a file in ReaVerb you can try the one I use for vocals = 106 VocalRoom.wav. I like it when I need something smooth and subtle. You can experiment with other impulses.

Note3: You'll notice how the DRY slider is all the way down. This is because I have the reverb on a separate track (reverb buss). If you set up Reaverb on the vocal track keep the dry normal and adjust the WET slider to something good.

3) I normally EQ the reverb like this:

Note1: This will NOT work if you put Reaverb on the vocal track; it will affect the vocals. This is why I normally put reverb on a separate ReverbBuss track... Right?
Note2: You can add some predelay to the reverb; it will make the vocals more 'upfront', but because you have that Delay setting, which should be the main effect here, you don't need so much reverb, if any at all. I use little bit to glue things and make the song a bit less dry (i.e. in real life you are always in a room with some reflections).

I hope this help?

Let me know if you need clarifications. Ohhh I didn't talk about vocal compression, but this is another beast of its own. LOL

RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote