Thread: Song - Feel It!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 09:57 AM   #1
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Default Song - Feel It!

Here's a song I brought back from the dead last night.

It features a vocalist friend of mine Michael Summers singing the lead and backing vocals. I'm playing bass, keyboards, singing some of the backing vocals, most of the guitars, and drums. Joey Larsen plays some additional rhythm guitar, the Strat solo in the middle, and the SG solo at the end. It was originally recorded 03/14/2004 in Cakewalk Sonar, but the only stereo master I had was a demo that faded out after the first verse from before the song was ever completed.

So I decided to fire up Sonar last night and try to make a new stereo mix, but the song was so old that I no longer had the drum and organ hardware it originally used, and a lot of plugins were missing too, so I exported all the audio one track at a time, then the MIDI, which was the drums and Hammond B3, then imported it all into REAPER. Finally I used my 1962 Ludwig drums from Superior Drummer on it, and Native Instruments B4 Hammond organ for the missing MIDI rack mount hardware instruments.

I used all new plugins for the EQ, compression, reverb, limiting, Etc., and made this new mix of it. It was a good enough song to spend the time rescuing, and now I've finished the mix and put it up on my music page. I'm glad this song is back from the dead, if only I could do the same with Joey, rest his soul. :-/

Song title is "Feel It!" at:

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13673766

Last edited by Glennbo; 12-31-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote