View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 10:43 PM   #2
Joe90
Human being with feelings

I've been testing this more, and I should have mentioned there are quite a few nested folders in this project. I've noticed if there are plugins with latency on the folder tracks and I disable these, it makes the biggest performance difference in terms of these dropouts. I do think PDC may be more to blame than I initially thought. (doesn't matter if it's 32 samples or 500, because Reaper always adds a full 1024 samples for each latent plugin)

Removing tracks with high PDC chains helps the behaviour overall, but I'm also removing heavy FX by doing this, so it's tough to tell whether it's the PDC reduction that's helping, or just the lower strain on the CPU or APFX.

I also remembered other users posting about these issues regarding CPU issues with complex routing and latent plugins that need PDC... and I believe (can't find the thread now) that Justin actually confirmed there was room for improvement here and it would be looked into at some point.

I wonder, if we can get the full buffer per latent plugin issue addressed, then maybe this issue might become a lot more manageable?
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote